COVID 19HEALTH PROTOCOLS
❖ Reception Desk
Our staff takes the necessary hygiene measures (hand washing), keeps distances of at least one meter from customers (avoids handshakes, etc.) and follows the rules of hygiene.
- When requested: a) we inform our guests about the accommodation policy and the measures we have taken to deal with any incidents, b) we provide useful information for health care providers, public and private hospitals, COVID-19 reference hospitals, pharmacies, etc. in the area and c) we provide Personal Protective Equipment.
- We provide information leaflets for basic health instructions and provide these instructions through an application on mobile phones.
- We provide special equipment (medical kit) in case of an incident, such as gloves and disposable masks, antiseptics, cleaning wipes, apron, long-sleeved robe, laser thermometer.
- The staff recognizes suspicious customer symptoms and reports them immediately to the hotel manager.
- We have placed plexiglass in the reception desk.
- In the reception desk there is an antiseptic for use by the customer.
- We perform regular disinfection of the reception desk.
- To maintain distances our hotel applies appropriate configuration of the reception desk, addition of floor markings at a distance of two meters where the customer will stand / appropriate markings of distances in the waiting area, proper arrangement of furniture and proper queue management in order to reduce of standby time.
- Avoid overcrowding at check-in / check-out.
- We recommend the electronic payment of accommodation costs by our customers (acceptance of cash only in exceptional cases), the electronic sending of bills, invoices and receipts.
- We disinfect the key-cards.
- We have extended the duration of check-out and check-in between the stays (check-out until 11.00 am and check-in from 3.00 pm). This change in the time between each check-in and check-out is mandatory to ensure that between different customers the room is thoroughly cleaned and disinfected, as well as that adequate natural ventilation is followed.
- We forbid non-residents to enter the rooms of our hotel.
❖ Floor services (cleaning, disinfection, housekeeping), rooms and common areas.
- We implement a cleaning and disinfection program (based on EODY instructions).
- We apply the special instructions for cleaning in the event of a case (based on EODY instructions).
- We enhance sanitation services in all public areas and especially in "high risk" objects (eg knobs, elevator buttons, etc.).
- We apply meticulous cleaning and very good ventilation of the rooms during the hours between stays.
- We provide adequate staff equipment (gloves, masks, robe, closed shoes).
- The cleaning staff uses a simple surgical mask, gloves and a disposable waterproof robe. As long as he works, the cleaning staff does not touch his mouth, nose or eyes with his hands, does not smoke or eat.
- After removing the gloves, the staff applies a good hand wash with soap and water.
- We carry out discreet monitoring of customers with symptoms for management.
- We apply infrequent cleaning of the rooms during the stay (avoid contact of cleaning workers with a possible case and further transmission).
- We have abolished the daily change of clothing and towels. (Clothing change is done only at the request of the customer).
- For departures we apply the protocol: Thorough cleaning - disinfection with a steam cleaner on the disputed room and bathroom surfaces.
- We have removed the decorative objects of the rooms (eg decorative pillows, bed linen, candlesticks, etc.)
- We have removed reusable items such as menus, catalogs, magazines, etc.
- We have installed disposable covers on the controls of TVs and air conditioners.
- We clean the fabric surfaces (eg furniture upholstery) with a steam device (temperature>70°).
- We open the windows daily for natural ventilation of the space and the rooms.
- We have placed appropriate markings in order to inform the customer about when and how the room was cleaned.
- We have placed individual antiseptic fluids in each room.
❖ Linen Warehouse and Linen Laundry Service
- Every day our external partner is given instructions for washing the dirty linen with hot cycles (70oC or more) with the usual detergents.
- We check the cleaning service of our clothing provided by our external partner that all the required measures are observed and that our linen is delivered in the appropriate way.
- We take care to keep the clean clothing in good and clean condition. The same applies to the transfer of clothing to the areas of use (rooms, restaurants, etc.)
❖ Catering Services, Breakfast Brewery
- Adherence to Risk Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP).
- We receive the goods from our external partners always wearing gloves and a mask.
- We take special care to maintain distances between kitchen workers in accordance with the requirements of the health authorities, as they apply each time.
- We do not allow entry to the kitchen area for those who do not have a job.
❖ Drinking water -Water supply/drainage
- Our hotel fully complies with the circular of the Ministry of Health «Protection of Public Health from the coronavirus SARS-COV-2 in water supply and sewerage systems».
- We constantly take care of the good ventilation of the pipes, such as wells with osmop traps and non-return valves in taps and sprinklers.
- The osmosis traps (siphons) of our facilities work properly and continuously. That is, they always have water inside.
❖ Air conditioning and ventilation
We apply the provisions of the relevant circular of the Ministry of Health «Taking measures to ensure public health from viral and other infections when using air conditioners», with emphasis on non-recirculation of air and good natural ventilation in rooms and other areas (interruption air conditioning operation when the doors are open).
❖ Event spaces within the accommodation (conference rooms, banquet facilities, etc.)
Operation of these services in accordance with the current legal framework.
❖ Common areas (open and closed) In common areas include lobby, seating areas, outdoor seating areas
- We operate these places in accordance with the current legal framework.
- We make recommendations to avoid using the elevator.
- We have installed hand sanitizers and recommend for their use at the entrance and exit of our hotel.
- We perform frequent cleaning of the elevator with emphasis on frequently touched surfaces (handles, buttons, etc.).
- We have sufficient signs on the premises of our hotel to remind customers to always observe safety distances (eg. application of measures such as tapes on the floor, special markings on tables or other means of keeping distances.
- We have placed antiseptic solutions for dry hand antiseptic in all public areas.
- We have moved the furniture to avoid overcrowding in public areas (4 people / 10 sqm).
- We urge our customers for self-service parking instead of valet service.
- We limit congestion in shared toilets.
- At the toilets, we inform the users with appropriate signage to empty the basins of the shared toilets with the lid closed. In this way, the aim is to limit the transmission through the aerosol from the toilet at the time of emptying.
❖ Customer transfer service (with driver, club cars)
- Οperation the service accordance with the current legal framework.
- Customers movements only with private transfers.